April 14, 2011

If you were stuck on an uninhabited island...

...And you could only hear one song for the rest of your life, which song would you choose?

I was watching a video for California Dreamin' by the Mamas & the Papas on Youtube today, and came across an interesting comment: ''If I were trapped on a desert island and could only hear one song for the rest of my life it would be this.''  That got me wondering which song I would choose...

A top contender is  Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac. The song has an otherworldly quality to it. Stevie Nicks' vocals are hauntingly beautiful. The guitars provide a mesmerising boat for the story to sail in. I have listened to this song so many times, yet it is still as powerful as it was the first time I listened to it. I do believe that Gold Dust Woman is one of Fleetwood Mac's finest songs.





No comments:

Post a Comment