January 3, 2011

Define 'Maturity'

What makes you mature?


I suppose maturity means different things to different people. I think maturity includes being able to make independent and informed decisions, being able to support yourself (and dependants, if you're at that stage), being honest with someone even if what you're saying is harsh, and being able to shove aside your pride and just say sorry, etc.

I don't think maturity should include not watching cartoons. I will probably never grow out of cartoons. I watch the news sometimes, as well as more sophisticated programmes. If anyone tells me that I'm too old for cartoons, I will fix them with such a piercing glare that a hole will appear on their torso. Occasionally being whimsical and childlike doesn't seem like a bad idea to me - after all, adult life can get boring sometimes! I'm not saying run away from responsibility - I just think adults need a break sometimes from being an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment